- Cilantro (fresh is best, but you can use what you have in the cabinet)
- Green Bell Pepper
- Sour Cream
- Salt and Pepper to taste
Serving information for one person:
- Cilantro-Lime White Rice (½ cup cooked) 120 calories
- Steak (3 oz per serving) 230 calories
- Green Bell Pepper (½ medium sized) 15 calories
- Red Onion (½ medium sized) 20 calories
- Guacamole (½ of an avocado mixed with salt, pepper, finely diced onion and tomato) 70 calories
- Cheese (¼ cup) 90 calories
- Sour Cream (1 tablespoon) 30 calories
- Lettuce (Handful of chopped romaine lettuce) 15 calories
- Tomato (½ roma tomato) 10 calories
- I like to grill the steak on my George Foreman grill if it’s cold out. Otherwise my husband will grill it outside.
- Once my steak is ready I let it cool and work on the rice. Wash your rice until the water runs clear. Once it is dumped into your pot (I use my Instant Pot) use a 1:1 ratio of water to cook. Example: ½ cup of rice=½ cup of water- 2 cups of rice=2 cups of water
- Shake a small amount of salt in and let it cook for about 15-20 minutes.
- Cut open your avocado and scoop it in a small bowl. Slice a few tiny pieces of your onion and tomato if you like texture in your guacamole. Squeeze in ¼ of a lime, add your tomatoes, onion, cilantro, salt, pepper, and a dash of garlic. Mash it all in and set aside.
- Next pour a drizzle of olive oil over medium heat and chop up half of a medium green bell pepper and half of a red onion. Once the oil is hot, heat it in your pan, stir in the oil and season with salt and pepper. Cook it to your satisfaction of softness.
- Chop up lettuce, tomato and set out the cheese and sour cream.
- If you haven’t already, chop up your steak into bite sized pieces.
- Once your rice is ready take your 1 tablespoon of cilantro and ¼ of your lime (¼ of a lime per ½ cup of rice) and squeeze it into your rice. Stir into the rice and dish into your bowls.
- Layer your bowl up with all of the goodies, and enjoy.